Tracking expenses and mileage is crucial for maximizing earnings and minimizing tax burden as a rideshare or delivery driver. If you're experiencing issues with our mileage tracker, use this article as a guide to ensure accurate tracking with Gridwise.
*For the Spanish reference of this article, click here.
Firstly, please confirm that your settings are correctly set.
For Android Devices:
- Set Google Location Services to Always (not While Using the App) and Location Accuracy is enabled for the Gridwise app
- Set Battery Usage to Unrestricted for Gridwise
- Enable Mobile Data & Wi-Fi and Background Data Usage for Gridwise
For Apple Devices
- Go to your phone settings
- Scroll down or search for Gridwise
- Set location to "Always" with precise location toggled on
- Enable Motion & Fitness
Here are some additional tips when using our mileage tracker:
- Ensure that Gridwise is allowed access to your location and motion on your mobile device.
- Keep your device plugged in while tracking mileage to maintain accuracy.
- Turn off low-power or battery-saving mode.
- Periodically check the Gridwise app when safe to do so to ensure the mileage tracking is working.
- Start the shift tracker at the start of your shift. (To get a reminder to turn on your tracker see this article)
- Avoid using the mileage tracking feature when connected to Apple CarPlay or Android Auto.
- Do not use Gridwise on multiple devices or on an iPad.
- Don't forget to toggle off your shift tracker at the end of each shift.
If you're still encountering any issues with mileage tracking after following these tips, please don't hesitate to reach out to our team at firstname.lastname@example.org. We're here to make your experience with Gridwise as smooth as possible!